Site Evaluations / Foundations
Gaston Engineering & Surveying, P.C. has experienced and knowledgeable staff available to perform site evaluations and foundation investigations for projects that range from individual residences to large commercial sites. We have professional engineers, registered site evaluators, senior soils technicians, and geotechnical professionals that are very knowledgeable of the soils and geology of the Gallatin Valley and surrounding areas. We have extensive experience completing detailed foundation investigations and reports for properties that involve complex issues such as slope and groundwater issues. Our equipment includes a CME55 drill rig that has 30′ of solid stem auger and 100′ of hollow core auger.
For site evaluations required by the Montana Department of Environment Quality or Gallatin County Health Department, we have registered site evaluators that are very knowledgeable about designing the water and wastewater systems for the site. We are able to perform a site evaluation that will help the owner to evaluate the available drainfield locations, well locations, and type of on-site soils to adequately size the wastewater systems.
The services we provide for site evaluations and foundations are:
- Soils Test Pits
- Percolation Tests
- Shelby Tube Foundation Tests
- Assess on-site physical features, soils and on-site surface water
- Complete water sampling that will be used for non-degradation calculations
- Determine size and type of drainfield and wastewater system required
- Assess soils types and geology for both foundations and wastewater/water systems.